Monday, October 8, 2012

First Post

Okay TEST TEST TEST....
Want to get this thing up and running before I leave Fort Worth for Red Oak IA.

For those of you who don't know my husband and I decided not to do the Facebook thing... and all my friends and family asked that I do a monthly newsletter to keep them up to date with our family.. and I thought "How Old Am I...a Newsletter????"  So I decided to start a blog (seemed more HIP) and give everyone an insight to my daily adventures (and well..non-adventures) with my move to Iowa.

I actually just got back from a weekend trip to Iowa to see my wonderful hubby and we had quite a lovely time.
We paid a visit to the Omaha Zoo.  While it was 37 degrees out (not something us Texans are used to at the very start of October).. it was still so much fun.  It was huge and was a place we will soon be returning too once the weather warms up in the spring and summer.

We also visited a local apple orchard and had a wonderful time. We've never picked our own apples, but it was quite a refreshing experience. Then I made a great apple crisp!  Oh... and Madison lost a shoe during the escapade, so sad they were the cutest little snow boots.

But all in all... it was a great weekend and I am ready to get up there.  My urge to learn to sew and garden is roaring... however I have a feeling the snow and cold might put the gardening on hold until Spring.

I'll post pictures of this weekend and the new town, when I get a chance!






No comments:

Post a Comment